Update: March 2021
The downstairs loos (including the disabled one) are now in place. The upstairs windows have been returned to their original form- as fits the listed status. All the walls have been been re-plastered. Decoration has begun, and the stair lift is ready to be fitted. We now have some dates for reopening and moving in to the new building:
Early April 2021
- Official name change to ‘Beech Hill Church’
- Begin to do livestream from Beech Hill Centre.
- Pastor to move his study to the Beech Hill Centre
Late April 2021
- Building work in the Beech Hill Centre completed
- Introduce live music into the livestream
23 May 2021 (Or first Sunday After Step 3)
- Begin Sunday Morning Meetings in the Beech Hill Centre with restrictions (eg. no communal singing, mingling outdoors only or groups of six indoors)
8 June 2021 (First Tuesday after May Half Term)
- Tots and Toys (Toddler Group) to restart with some restrictions in place
23 June (Or First Wednesday after Step 4)
- Wednesday@2 to restart in some form
27 June 2021 (Or First Sunday after Step 4)
- Most restrictions lifted on Sunday Mornings (eg. communal singing should recommence, unrestricted mingling indoors)
- ‘Grand Opening’ of the Beech Hill Centre
Update: November 2020
A kitchen area has been put into the back hall and that area is nearly finished, and is currently being painted. An extra room has been partitioned upstairs for a Sunday school room for the older children. Work on the upstairs windows will start soon, as well as work on the disabled loos.
Update: June 2020
Renovations have now begun. Originally we were hoping to be ready by mid Autumn, but lockdown has pushed this back a bit.
Here are some of the things we will be doing:
- Putting in toilets downstairs including disabled ones.
- Making the upstairs suitable for our children’s groups
- Putting in a small kitchen downstairs so that we can serve tea and coffee.
- Improving the fire escapes and making them suitable for wheelchairs
- Installing a stairlift
When everything is ready we plan to have an open day so you can look round our new facilities.
Watch our latest video to see what’s going in the building at the moment